Tuesday 15 December 2009

Define Respect

I have been thinking over the last few days about the whole issue of respecting someone when you don't know them.
When we talk about Respecting Rob what is it we are meaning?
Well for me it means leaving him alone to live his life in between his public appearances. It means not buying the gossip mags that buy the pap pics and peddle the type of pictures we have been so shocked by.
But should it go further? I mean I am on Face Book and Twitter with several Rob fans. And I'll admit it can get mighty smutty. We are all older women who, to be honest, would know exactly what to do with him if we were given the chance.
I was merrily discussing the relevant merits of Rob's 'assets' in 'peengate 09'(as is was dubbed on Twitter). But I started to think. Was this disrespectful? I mean we don't know him so is it ok to talk about him like that? And what about Fan Fic? Again I am guilty of writing and posting that myself.
I came to my conclusions.
As far as the Fan Fic goes I know that Rob reads it and quite likes it, so I think that must be fine.
And the talking about him, lusting after him ect? Well I'm sorry but I'm a red blooded woman and he is too beautiful for his own good. If he was a friend, or even if I knew him only slightly, then I wouldn't discuss him like that. But we all do it don't we ladies? And not just with celebs.
I don't think it's disrespectful to fantasise about someone. At least I hope it's not!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment