Thursday 10 December 2009

Respect everyone, not just Rob.

The campaign is gaining momentum, thanks to everyone for getting involved.
Thinking of Rob are in the process of making two videos of all the photos and messages they have received. It's well over a thousand now, this is amazing.

However it seems they are also getting haters as well. This is a shame.

I am well aware that not everyone agrees with this campaign. A very good friend of mine questioned it the other day. I take her point. She asked me to imagine Rob was at a party at the house next door (quite possible actually, considering the chap that lives there is one of the best guitar makers in the country), would I try and get to see him? Well if it was next door then I'd already be there because we're very good friends. But I took her point. I have to say I can't answer for sure because it's not a situation I have ever been in. When I met Rob it was at the fan event in Battersea Park last month.

I gave it some thought and decided that if it was a public place, say he was walking down the street towards me, then I would say hi and maybe ask for a pic. But I would ask, I wouldn't just take it. And if he then went into a private venue, a hotel say, then I wouldn't follow. And whatever the circumstances I would never use text messages/twitter/facebook to tell the world where he was. This is, I think, the difference between those of us who are real fans, and those who just get excited about celebrity.

I'm sorry for the haters. I accept they have their point of view, and are welcome to it. But this is something that means a lot to a lot of people. If you can't respect our point of view then please, at least tell us that in a respectful way. There is no need to be rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment