Saturday 5 December 2009

What This Blog is For.

Welcome to RespectRob.


Today has been a big day for true fans of Robert Pattinson. Anyone on Twitter will have seen the heartbreaking paparazzi pics that were taken of Rob last night.

I received a link to new Rob pics and so I clicked it. What I saw had me almost in tears, no word of I lie. I was shaking with anger and clicked off without seeing them all. I didn't need to. The one of him cowering against a wall was too much. And before you ask I will not be posting any links to these pics.


I am well aware of the argument that as he is in the public eye then he must expect it. And that is true to a certain extent. If he is at an event or in a public place, then fine. But when he is in a private venue and trying to keep a low profile, then not fine.





I was recently at the fan event in London where I took some photos. These were taken by me and with Rob's permission. And it was expected that we would take photos. In fact he was more than happy for us to do so.

This is one of the photo's I took.

I know we are in what has been dubbed the 'drought' following all the New Moon promotional stuff. But this is no reason to take liberties.

Rob works very hard and has had a very hectic schedule for the last few weeks. He needs a break. He deserves a break. And he deserves to be allowed to have that break. We all go away on holiday, and we all know how much that time off is needed.

I was so angry about the lack of respect shown to Rob last night by the paparazzi, and today by those who peddled their trash, that I decided to stat this blog. This blog is for true fans. It is a place to share our experiences and genuine pics that have been taken with permission.

I'm not going to rant, plenty are already doing that over on Twitter, me included I have to say. But I am going to draw a line. This has to stop. Yes we love our boy and we want to see him. But we want to see him happy don't we? We don't want to see him at any cost. Especially if that cost is at his expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment